We likely have until end of day July 16 2018 to finish any Mage Tower attempts for the disappearing artifact appearances. The “ending of PVP season” warning just dropped yesterday and traditionally that has been 2 weeks before pre-patch X.0 launch.
It is still possible to ready an existing 110 and make attempts in time. Here are some tips based on my last minute efforts:
- Do the artifact overpowerment Silithis questline to drain Sargera’s sword. It seems to help about 10-15% over having a 70 trait 20-ish concordancee weapon, and when the concordance procs the stats help for a while, in a Legion RNG bursty way
- Get ilvl 930-940 gear if you can. Below 925 you will likely need to be a better player. Above 950 you should have it much easier. You can get to 910+ in a week on an Argus-attuned alt by running WQs and invasions for veiled argunite and buying Relinquished gear, plus running all emissaries and world quests and greater invasions to get possible 930-950 gear drops and maximixe your chances on at least 1 legendary. Even faster if you can run random bgs, mythics, whatever gives good gear and chests.
- To avoid delays your alt should have Argus WQs unlocked already and class order hall to at least be able to equip 2 legendaries so you don’t get slowed by required 1-day missions. You can get a meh legendary by running Antorus raid and if you really work it you might get enough tokens to buy a legendary but without dungeons, raids or pvp chests it takes 2-4 weeks to get 1000 tokens. Should have been nerfed to 500 in June but 300 is still good for raising any old 940-970 legends to 1000.
- Pick the appearance or two that you really really want and your above alt can do, and run their MT scenarios again and again until you get the mechanics down. Cold. Keep your cool and get the feel until it is reflex if you need to. Mechanics matter more than dps and ilvl in the end, because once you have geared up the mechanics can still stop you. Some of these scenarios are unforgiving of mistakes. Some have dps checks (oddly especially the tank one, and not some dps ones!) and most have serious survivability challenges. Weapon and gear help the former, gear (especially legendaries and trinkets) help the latter. Run without wasting money on consumables other than flasks that last many runs until you know the mechanics cold. It reallly irritates to have Agatha at 10% and get taken out by a boulder from behind because your camera angle / zoom was wrong. Or get one-shotted and not know why.
- Plan to make best use of when the command center is up but don’t wait for it given time left. If you get the command center pink floor rune healing boost early in the fight and you have done the above steps you may be able to ace it. But expect wild swings in performance from run to run with command center that overall don’t help in learning to create repeatable runs. But you only need to win once and it might make that difference.
- Always keep cool and work through it with rotation and choreography, Rest. Tired adrenaline-charged over-caffeinated push-all-the-buttons frantic pounding is not helpful here and can seriously hurt you and other objects, Stay calm and controlled. My best runs are the calmest most focused ones.
And good luck!
Sooooo many new videos on Wow pre-BFA and GW2 PoF to edit and post!
In the meantime, here’s what I am working on right now:
Wow pre-pre-patch 8.0 BFA wth maybe only 2 weeks to go (!!):
Mage Tower Artifact Appearances: Druid Guardian and Feral, Hunter BM, Disc Priest (alts from base Argus to ready to try)
Allied Races: leveling Nightborn Priest and Highmountain Tauren Druid (yes, adding Horde too for BFA experience)
Allied Races: my main is almost finished grinding out rep to start Alliance Void Elves and Light-forged Draenei.
Also in the works: Patreon site with detailed how-tos, pre-release lightly edited play vids, and design elements discussions.
BFA pre-patch 8.0 is almost here – time to play and record!!
Soloing the fel Saberon rare Soulslicer in Fang’rila in WoW was surprisingly easy on my lvl100 Human Hunter in BM spec, ilvl 655, ilvl 640 weapon, Portent pet (good mix of tanking + DPS, it’s a rare from Pandaria).
[Update: even easier with Guardian Druid ilvl 660 (weapon 695) with Paladin bodyguard, v6.2.2 Oct 17/15, very fast, flew right beside him and no other mobs aggro’ed, bodyguard Ilona was defeated late but easy finish.]
As a human she got 550 Saberon rep (10% racial bonus, Lvl 2 Trading Post) which can be gotten reportedly several times daily on a character for each solo-able rare (there are 4 Saberon rares, likely 3 are solo-able), plus 27 rep for each of several of his minions, plus fel apexis shard from the rare for Order of the Awakened rep. Makes Saberon rep go much faster. Continue reading Soloing Soulslicer for 500 Daily Saberon Rep in WoW
The first open beta weekend for GW2 Heart of Thorns expansion is here, and I have 4 open beta character slots. Here’s my video. Time to test out a Revenant profession, which is a heavy-armor wearing character which can channel any of 4 Legends: Continue reading GW2 Open Beta Revenant +Heart of Thorns Test
This may be old news to many, but it may still be useful to some. It uses the XP from a steady stream of max-level-pet battles and a safe area from other mobs, to quickly level alts from at least as low as level 45 to level 90. Yes it’s very repetitious but can easily be done while watching tv, and at higher levels (80’s) it takes only about 10 battles per alt level. Pretty painless really.
To use this method of leveling, you need at least 2 level 25 battle pets that are good against aquatic pets (Eternal Striders and Dancing Striders are good), ideally rare quality. Continue reading Leveling Alts in WoW Using Pets and Mistfall Village in Pandaria
Here’s my solo way to get low level alts into Pandaria, which is normally only accessible by level 85 characters through the Mists expansion’s introductory questline.
See my post on Leveling Alts with Pets in Pandaria for a good reason why to bring low level alts to the faction Shrine. Continue reading Porting Alts to Pandaria in WoW
Wow. Just finished watching the Legion announcement from Gamescom in Germany, and that’s my first reaction. Just like the overly quiet wide-eyed audience. No “!”. Just gobsmacked. Wow.
Blizz, I’m so sorry. Sorry for the quiet wide-eyed audience reaction, murmuring unsmilingly amongst themselves (one girl was crying, maybe joy, but if not, I know what she felt), sorry for my shocked state, sorry you felt you needed to go fel again, but more sorry for the game. BC again?!! Warcraft 3 Legion Xpac again? Really?!! Continue reading WoW New Expansion – Legion Combines Fel Elements of WoD, BC and WotLK – Don’t Stand in the Fel
This is an odd spec. The clothie Mage-type with arcane magic spells is a staple of fantasy MMOs. But the GW2 Mesmer is different. Continue reading Mesmer at 20 GW2 – Experience to Date
This profession has grown on me more than I expected. When I start a game I pick a few different specs that appeal to me and which are either entirely new or related to those I play elsewhere. Then I see which I enjoy playing more. Continue reading Elementalist in Her 20’s – Experience To Date
My original main and specialization that first got me from levels 1-90, this druid guardian bear tank is like a second skin. She plays like a tuned concert piano. Continue reading Druid – Guardian Bear Spec – Dailies in WoD 6.2