It has been a long year but I am finally back to making content again! Expect to see some new posts here and vids on YouTube and podcasts on Twitch/YouTube/Patreon very soon, covering Wow Wild Lore, soloing BFA and SL, general news/commentary/reviews and SL patch 9.1 and TBC Classic content. Twitch will be TBD for now until I can update gear during the covid chip shortages or I figure out how to tinker it, perhaps by podcasts or Just Chatting lore.
Our Patreon is up and running again and you can expect new exclusive content there soon and a reduced 2nd tier membership fee.
Also look out for convenient embedded videos and sponsored links in near future. And am working on a Discord site for sometime soon.
This archaeology mount is only available twice a year (in February and August), via a quest “Laying to Rest” offered in Legion Dalaran, and the quest is only open for 2 week each time.
Check at the archy trainer in Legion Dalaran or check Wowhead news in mid Feb/Aug to see when the quest is up that month and be sure to turn the quest back in before it expires to get the mount.
It is a spirit moose, and now a flying mount. Looks just like the spirit moose rare hunter pet so a great combo! And it fits well in Shadowlands. If you missed out on other moose mounts then move on this one! If you are into RP it is Huln’s mount Eche’ro who helps you in the Huln Highmountain scenarios in Highmountain in the Legion questline.
Once you pick up the quest from the archy trainer in Legion Dalaran, you need to get 600 bone fragments from archaeology digs in Highmountain and then turn the quest back in to her before it expires and the mount is yours. The bones drop along with regular archy shards on each dig, plus every 10 digs or so you fight a ghostly HM tauren Angry Spirit for 13-15 more bones.
Having done it on two tanks, it takes about 2-3 hours or so of digging. Once accepting the quest, dig sites in HM will spawn continuously for the alt with the quest (usually in mob piles of basilisks, drogbar, jormungar serpents, Ettins and harpies but at Legion 110 (now 45 in SL) or above is easy). Feel free to ignore a site you dislike as it will spawn more as long as you complete at least one site that is up.
Just a brief note to my GW2 fans, I haven’t forgotten you! New content is in the works but just has to wait a bit. It is new expansion release year and week for WoW, like last fall was for GW2 PoF, so my neat ideas for new GW2 videos just have to wait a few weeks.
Ty for the wonderful continuing support for my Dry Top route guide, 3 years old and still going strong!
WoW Shadowlands 9.1 is almost here! Watch our YouTube channel linked at right for new content soon.
We will be separating our content soon into playlists and directories for Wild Lore vs cinematics, playthroughs, reviews etc. so look for that starting with playlist embeds/links on the right side bar.
Check our YouTube channel link at right for all our latest videos including a full set of WoW Alliance and Horde walkthroughs of the BFA pre-patch 8.0.1 War of Thorns parts 1 and 2, and the epic Battle for Lordaeron!
Alliance War of Thorns Parts 1 and 2
Horde War of Thorns Part 1
Alliance Battle for Lordaeron
Unlike some previous expansions, you can’t just go off and quest and pick herbs or mine in BFA.
Like old Vanilla WoW, you need to train BFA professions before you can use them. All professions. Including herbalism, mining, skinning.
If you don’t pay your 50g per profession and train, you will not see the nodes / plants in game. I trained each alt on all their professions in Boralus / Dazar’alor as all trainers are close together. I can change out professions later if I want.
A side effect it seems of splitting profession leveling by expansion rather than having one set of 950 levels across all xpacs. This is different from Legion / WoD / MoP where if you had the profession previously, you could go out and gather and get petals / shards / dust and a quest to go get trained.
Another side effect is a nasty bug on last week’s 8.0.1 pre-patch DarkMoon Faire (DMF) where max level characters near the top of a Legion profession’s levels couldn’t use the profession quest in DMF to get remaining levels. No levels were awarded on completion of the quests. Happened to me on alts that were 106/115 (racial profession), 97/100, 99/100. on several professions Hopefully that gets fixed as some Legion professions had problems reaching 100 without DMF quests for final points. Baby characters (allied races) leveling had no problems getting the +5 levels boost on DMF quests.
We likely have until end of day July 16 2018 to finish any Mage Tower attempts for the disappearing artifact appearances. The “ending of PVP season” warning just dropped yesterday and traditionally that has been 2 weeks before pre-patch X.0 launch.
It is still possible to ready an existing 110 and make attempts in time. Here are some tips based on my last minute efforts:
- Do the artifact overpowerment Silithis questline to drain Sargera’s sword. It seems to help about 10-15% over having a 70 trait 20-ish concordancee weapon, and when the concordance procs the stats help for a while, in a Legion RNG bursty way
- Get ilvl 930-940 gear if you can. Below 925 you will likely need to be a better player. Above 950 you should have it much easier. You can get to 910+ in a week on an Argus-attuned alt by running WQs and invasions for veiled argunite and buying Relinquished gear, plus running all emissaries and world quests and greater invasions to get possible 930-950 gear drops and maximixe your chances on at least 1 legendary. Even faster if you can run random bgs, mythics, whatever gives good gear and chests.
- To avoid delays your alt should have Argus WQs unlocked already and class order hall to at least be able to equip 2 legendaries so you don’t get slowed by required 1-day missions. You can get a meh legendary by running Antorus raid and if you really work it you might get enough tokens to buy a legendary but without dungeons, raids or pvp chests it takes 2-4 weeks to get 1000 tokens. Should have been nerfed to 500 in June but 300 is still good for raising any old 940-970 legends to 1000.
- Pick the appearance or two that you really really want and your above alt can do, and run their MT scenarios again and again until you get the mechanics down. Cold. Keep your cool and get the feel until it is reflex if you need to. Mechanics matter more than dps and ilvl in the end, because once you have geared up the mechanics can still stop you. Some of these scenarios are unforgiving of mistakes. Some have dps checks (oddly especially the tank one, and not some dps ones!) and most have serious survivability challenges. Weapon and gear help the former, gear (especially legendaries and trinkets) help the latter. Run without wasting money on consumables other than flasks that last many runs until you know the mechanics cold. It reallly irritates to have Agatha at 10% and get taken out by a boulder from behind because your camera angle / zoom was wrong. Or get one-shotted and not know why.
- Plan to make best use of when the command center is up but don’t wait for it given time left. If you get the command center pink floor rune healing boost early in the fight and you have done the above steps you may be able to ace it. But expect wild swings in performance from run to run with command center that overall don’t help in learning to create repeatable runs. But you only need to win once and it might make that difference.
- Always keep cool and work through it with rotation and choreography, Rest. Tired adrenaline-charged over-caffeinated push-all-the-buttons frantic pounding is not helpful here and can seriously hurt you and other objects, Stay calm and controlled. My best runs are the calmest most focused ones.
And good luck!
Sooooo many new videos on Wow pre-BFA and GW2 PoF to edit and post!
In the meantime, here’s what I am working on right now:
Wow pre-pre-patch 8.0 BFA wth maybe only 2 weeks to go (!!):
Mage Tower Artifact Appearances: Druid Guardian and Feral, Hunter BM, Disc Priest (alts from base Argus to ready to try)
Allied Races: leveling Nightborn Priest and Highmountain Tauren Druid (yes, adding Horde too for BFA experience)
Allied Races: my main is almost finished grinding out rep to start Alliance Void Elves and Light-forged Draenei.
Also in the works: Patreon site with detailed how-tos, pre-release lightly edited play vids, and design elements discussions.
BFA pre-patch 8.0 is almost here – time to play and record!!
Soloing a game is a choice. It’s my choice. This site posts information and videos based on my experience with the games I play. If soloing is your choice too, you may find interesting things here.
The site is divided by game played.
Check out my YouTube videos and Twitch streams too.